Hand Tool Cabinet - Completed
I'm blaming all y'all for this. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have been blissfully ignorant of the slippery slope.

I have a whole fleet of power tools that look at me with their mournfully sad eyes, aware that our relationship will never quite be the same.

Baltic birch, birch and walnut plywood. Hey...it's what I had. Based (loosely) on a Fine Woodworking plan.

Almost all the tools are sale finds. So don't look at them too closely....there's the inevitable paint splashes on some, and most are in need of more TLC. I thought I'd share them - warts and all. They work, which arguably is more important than looks.

Two coats of Harbor Freight gun sprayed-on Minwax SemiGloss Poly.

Comments and/or questions welcome.
Mine is very similar to yours and I have found it to be just what I had hoped. I recently added a Dutch tool chest on casters so that I would have some mobile storage to augment the fixed wall cabinet. A saw till comes in handy too, if you develop a...ahem... saw problem.
Very nice.

Kinda small though, your trip down the slope hasn't ended!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

...your trip down the slope hasn't ended!!

Tell me...Have you reached the bottom yet?
That's a nice cabinet, even if it is a bit on the 'plane' side.

Your boring devices look to be a 'bit' overlooked. Time for an expansion.
Mike Brady said:

Mine is very similar to yours and I have found it to be just what I had hoped. I recently added a Dutch tool chest on casters so that I would have some mobile storage to augment the fixed wall cabinet. A saw till comes in handy too, if you develop a...ahem... saw problem.

I like the idea of the dutch tool chest on wheels. I have 28" underneath the cabinet, so it's gonna have to be a bit short.
Mark A Smith said:

That's a nice cabinet, even if it is a bit on the 'plane' side.

If you noticed, I left the # 8 out of the barn.
Nice! Looks like it's built to last.

If you ever find that your tools develop rust while in the cabinet I highly recommend installing one of those Goldenrod Dehumidifiers. Since I installed mine back in 2009 I haven't had an issue with rust on any of the tools in the cabinet.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
MountainWood said:

[blockquote]Admiral said:

...your trip down the slope hasn't ended!!

Tell me...Have you reached the bottom yet?

[/blockquote]

Only when I'm 6 feet under!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Blacky's Boy said:

If you ever find that your tools develop rust while in the cabinet...

Rust? I live on the dry side of Oregon. It may be a problem on the west side of the Cascades in winter, but not here.

On the other hand, 20 below winters can be a bit challenging though.

Thanks for the tip though, Dom. I'm sure someone here can use it.