dricore smartwall- anyone heard of or used?
http://www.dricore.com/en/smart_home.aspx

i have a neice up(or over) in nova scotia that im going to be visiting early next year and doing some finishing work on her and her hubbys basement. its partially finished. as we just started talking about it yesterday only real thing i know is theres going to be a couple rooms partitioned off on one end of basement. she wanted me to look into this product. i personally never heard of it and after about two hours on the www looking into it, im not sure if i like it. thought id come here and see if anyones used it, seen it, and opinions. even if ya havent used it or seen it, an opinion just from whats there on the site.
thanks for any input.
At first I do like it. But gotta do some reading... only thing I have seen so far is that it's pricey but it is fast...

Well did some reading and I don't mind the system however at $45 a linear foot plus $60 corners, putty, screws and other extras it's quite expensive. It's a fast system designed for the homeowner with few tools and experience.
I like the high r value but it seems higher than it should be.
I really like not having to tape and bed. That is something that needs to be a part of the past somehow. I assume they are using some sort of elastomer for the joints.

I'd say if $ isn't an issue it's a fast easy way to do it but for the rest of us it's neat but not a realistic option. Course I'm jealous of anyone that has a basement. Double the living space at no extra cost.
I noticed it said 15 amp wiring only? That won't cut it for anything I would consider whether it was living or shop space.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I live in Nova Scotia and have never heard of that product, Must be something new. What part of Nova Scotia are they in? I did some checking and it is sold by Home Depot in Halifax. 2'x8' section is $60 and is only available on line. You can do a search for Home Depot in Halifax and check it out. Good luck.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Mr_Mike said:

I noticed it said 15 amp wiring only? That won't cut it for anything I would consider whether it was living or shop space.

Missed that. I only use 15 amp for lihting. I wonder why the 15 amp limit. Course everyone is going to run 12 ga wire and we amp circuits anyway...
talked a bit with my neice and its only going to be the exterior walls of the basement being done. shes talkin with hubby about any electrical as im not too fond myself of the 15 amp max. and only one opening to cut out/frame in- a sliding door. it is pretty nice with the limited tools being needed as they dont have many tools and im not intersted in packin up and shippin mine out there, but i would be happy to help them expand their tool collection. ☺
this is a very new product and my neice saw it on ine of them home imprivement shows, which im thinkin a canadian product probably seen on holmes makes it right.
it is quite pricey, which my neice and her hubby dont mind spending the money IF the product it worth it.. i still have to look into how inside and outside corners are finished off.
im not really sure where in NS they live. i know its a short drive to ocean, but i think that pretty much is all of NS.hubbys in the army and work isnt far either.
ill find out.
this could turn into a review/write up when the time comes.
Robert Adams said:

[blockquote]Mr_Mike said:

Missed that. I only use 15 amp for lihting. I wonder why the 15 amp limit. Course everyone is going to run 12 ga wire and 20 amp circuits anyway...

[/blockquote]

For electrical purposes walls are not rated. It is best to ignore errors like that.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
There is a base in Halifax and also a small one in Truro, which is close to where I live. If it is Truro and you need tools, look me up, be glad to help out.

Mel
chips ahoy said:

There is a base in Halifax and also a small one in Truro, which is close to where I live. If it is Truro and you need tools, look me up, be glad to help out.

Mel

wow!thanks for the offer. im pretty sure its halifax they are near.
no problem, if they are in Hfx I am only an hour away. So the offer still stands, would also be happy to give you a hand.

Mel