Aftermarket fence for 12" Jet...
Like the title says, I am looking for a cheap aftermarket fence for a 12" (Yes, twelve) Jet bandsaw.
I saw some, but they were way over $100.
Any cheaper alternatives out there I should know about?
Herb,
My 10" Craftsman/Rikon came with a fence that I wasn't happy with so I made a replacement. My saw already had T-track on the front but I would have bolted on some T-track if it didn't. My design allows the fence to move all the way left until it hits the frame. The factory fence was confined to the table top.

Here's the resaw fence I made for the 14" bandsaw I sold 5 years ago. It's MDF and it clamps to the table. I've never used it on this 10" saw but it fits!

Mike
Hey Mike, do you have any instructions or directions on how to make that?
I have pre-drilled bolt holes on the front of the table, but that's about it.
Do you think Jet or Grizzly would have something I could modify to fit it?
I don't know if Jet or Griz has anything that'll fit.

But if you decide to build one like mine, I'd be glad to take detailed pics and post 'em.

Mike
Ohio Mike said:

I don't know if Jet or Griz has anything that'll fit.
But if you decide to build one like mine, I'd be glad to take detailed pics and post 'em.
Mike

By all means, please do. I need one, but not over $100 need one, if you know what I mean.
You might be able to get some ideas from this Popular Woodworking fence.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projec...dsaw-fence
Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it for future use.
I like to make Shaker oval boxes and needed a fence to accurately cut 3/32" veneer to width. This fence permits an 8" wide rip by extending past the table surface.

Pic of fence at far left position:

I made provisions to make the fence adjustable for drift but have discovered that my bandsaw can be adjusted to cut square by changing the tracking. So the fence stays at 90 degrees.

This saw already has T-track on the front.

I added T-track on the back as a rear rail although a piece of hardwood would have done just as well.

A few more pics to follow,

Mike
Some pics with dimensions:

This 1/8" pad on the end of the fence allows the rear rail to be 1/8" below the table surface. This way the workpiece can't catch on the rear rail.

Mike
Thanks for going to all that trouble Mike.
That looks like it might fit the bill.
I don't have any T-track mounted on my saw, but I have some here I was going to make a drill press table with.
I guess I can always buy more track.