Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present
  Re: (...)
I was able to get this beauty for a very fair price. I got it from a good friend and fellow woodnetter so I won't go into specifics. I gave him more than he asked and it was less than I expected.

" />

always wanted one and it works perfectly... just a little cleanup and I'll be having great fun soon!
  Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Pat Zabrocki (I was able to get th...)
You abound with Suckage. !!!

Nice find. Will you use it as is or pull the vise from it?

Matt
  Re: Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Plane Junkie (You abound with Suck...)
I'm definitely going to use it. I've filed a zillion saws by hand and I'd kind of like to see how this works

Pat
  Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Pat Zabrocki (I was able to get th...)
Cool. Whatizit?
  Re: Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Pat Zabrocki (I'm definitely going...)
You'll have to give us a report on how it works.

Matt
Holy Sawfiling Sweetness, Zabman!!!!

You surely suck for that catch. You'll love it for sure. I have several Foley sawfilers, and one of those vises that I use for handfiling, but I don't have that machine.

If you need any parts for it at any point, let me know. I have quite a few spare Foley parts. I have spare carrier and ratchet bars, also.

Edit to add: I'll be in your neighborhood in 3 weeks, by the way.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

http://www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Great find. Is that the original stand it's on?
Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
  Re: Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Isaac S (Great find. Is that ...)
not the original stand. its an old one I found at flea market but is perfect for the vise. Its on a shopfox mobile base so its a nice setup
Sweet! Is the vise cast iron or aluminum?

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
  Re: Re: Today's my birthday so I gave myself a present by Jonathan S (Sweet! Is the vise ...)
Jonathan S said:

Sweet! Is the vise cast iron or aluminum?

Jonathan

iron