Woodwright's School
The loml got me a five day benchwork course atthe Woodwright's School. Today was the last day of a really great and informative woodworking experience. I had done some of the techniques taught in the class previously, but having someone who knows all of the nuance really helped me.

The flow of the class went really smoothly and each step was well explained. Roy also showed some different techniques that weren't used in making the chest. If anyone is thinking about taking the class, I would recommend it highly. Also, the tool store upstairs is really neat. A place like that would have saved me countless hours searching far and wide for tools and then cleaning them up to use.

I took a chair class at Roy's.

I had a great time.

Roy is energetic and fun to be around.

I'd like to take the bench class, but my schedule has been full lately.

Thanks for posting the pics.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
You lucky dog. How much does it cost and would a disabled person be able to do it?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looks like a lot of fun. Your dovetails are really well done! Roy is definitely a hoot. I took a couple of classes with him at WIA in years past, but spending a week with him would be way cool.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks for the compliments on the dovetails. They are light years ahead of anything that I've done before. The real challenge was making the frame and panel lid without making it look too rough.

His website says the course is $745. I don't know about sometimes with disabilities, but I'm sure he would answer any questions you have if you email him.

Roy definitely knows his stuff and does a great job of explaining things. With almost everything I've made previously, I've had to patch gappy joinery. This course has helped me tighten all of that up. It was a really great class full of really great people.

Also, Pittsboro is really great town with nice people. Depending on where you're from it could be called a small town, but there were lots of great dining options and places to stay.
Daniel S said:

I don't know about sometimes with disabilities, but I'm sure he would answer any questions you have if you email him.

Roy has e-mail! I figured him for a quill and ink kind of guy.

The class sounds like a lot of fun, coupled with a great opportunity to learn new skills. Doesn't get much better than that.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I was in the same class as Daniel and the class was a blast! My photos currently reside on someone else's phone. I can't wait for my box to arrive so I can complete it.
Hey Chuck! It's good to see another woodnetter was there. I think the only perk of driving back home with my box was getting to start back on it this afternoon.
A question: If the chest wasn't done after 5 days, what else d.did you need to work on? The finishing?
Simoo
I needed to glue the skirt around the bottom of the lid, trim the tenons on the lid, and add hardware. They're also supposed to be painted, but I haven't decided on a color for min yet.