Arm-R-Seal over latex paint?
Mrs. painted the inside of a cabinet with latex and is going to use the space for cookbooks.
She's found pulling books out scuffs the finish.
I have Arm-R-Seal on hand.
Can it be applied over latex without issue?
Thx.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Maybe it can but I wouldn't. Arm R Seal has a yellow tint to it. A water borne acrylic like GP Poly would be a better choice if anything will actually hold up. Putting a hard finish over a soft one often doesn't work well.

John
I haven't done it often but IME applying anything but latex over latex is to ask for mess. You get adhesion problems and with relatively little use the latex will start to peel causing the harder finish to fail. I'd strip the latex (relatively easy) and then apply one of the GF waterborne tinted whatever color that you wish.
BTW Arm-R-Seal is slow curing and stinks.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
That's a good point about the smell. Whether it would work or not (I wouldn't do it), putting an oil based varnish in a cabinet will smell for a year or more as the finish off-gasses.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

That's a good point about the smell. Whether it would work or not (I wouldn't do it), putting an oil based varnish in a cabinet will smell for a year or more as the finish off-gasses.

Great advice; even though it's an open front can, she's very sensitive to chemical smells.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Actually Fred, the odor will last for many years. Oil based materials should be avoided for an space that will be enclosed.

Use a waterborne acrylic enamel if you want to avoid the book covers sticking to the shelves
Howie.........