tablesaw miter gauge
I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a replacement miter gauge for my tablesaw. I was set on getting an incra miter express, but really I don't need to deal with something that big. I guess there is a lot of negativity towards the Incra Miter gauges, but for some reason they are the ones that appeal the most to me. What is your best argument for your miter gauge?
I sold my table saw but kept my Incra 1000 docked to the Miter Express and use it on my band saw.

The gauge sweeps a full 180* which is a nice feature. It repeats. The slot adjusters are well designed.

Not too big:

Ag
Incra 1000SE. Really like the micro adjust on the flip stop.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
If you want to buy an Incra miter gage go for it. Who cares if there is alot of negitivity toward them. I own a Jessem and it will be pried from my dead hands, but they don't make it anymore. Mine feels like it weighs 20 LBS and I deal with it. The Incra is still being made, mine isn't, so that should say something for it.

A lot here on the forum think if it isn't a LN plane then it is junk but a lot of people made a living in the old days with a Bailey. So the negativity is only an opinion and an opinion is like a nose, everyone has one.

If the incra is what you want and the certian model fits your budget, go for it.

Tom
I have the Incra V27 (pretty sure that is the model). It is their bottom of the line gauge that runs about $50 new. It has been great for the decade that I have owned it. I've used it some on my band saw as well, although I don't generally use a miter gauge there.

My main reason for getting this one was to replace the gauge that came with an old Craftsman saw I had and the price. It was hard to beat $50 at the time. It has the stops for repeatability and has adjustability for accuracy.
I'm not sure what negativity there can be. I've had my Incra 3000 for about 12 years and love it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have had the 1000se for about a decade and have been happy with it.

It maintains 90 degrees very well, and if adjusted to another angle and moved back to 90'it is spot on.

The micro adjust I use constantly. There are two screws to tighten it down, my technique is to loosen just one when I am really close and make the final adjustment and then Tighten the loosened screw. I noticed a bit of backlash if both were loose when making final adjustments. Once tightened it stays were it is.

The flip stops are very handy. Only issue is I do have a 1/2" plywood piece bolted to the gauge to act as a backer board for cuts. The flip stops do not close fully over the backer board so I may need to clamp on a stop if the workpiece is short or very thin. This 10% of my cuts, not a show stopping issue.

The adjustment washers for the miter bar are useful. Mine are set to be snug in the miter slot groove. It glides easily but there is enough friction that It takes more than a flick of the wrist to slide it. Not an issue, and I found my cross cuts became far more accurate after I made the bar fit more snugly than I initially set it for.

None of this are defects in the Incra device, just usage details. I've. On issues with it and have not used the guide that came with the saw since I bought the Incra.

Mike
Only negativity toward Incra miter gauges I have ever heard was for the no longer produced 2000. I had a V120 and only got rid of it when upgrading to a 1000SE. I would highly recommend both depending on budget. I think the 1000HD got highest praise in a Fine Woodworking shootout not long ago. Go for it.

Doug
AgGEM said:

I sold my table saw but kept my Incra 1000 docked to the Miter Express and use it on my band saw.

The gauge sweeps a full 180* which is a nice feature. It repeats. The slot adjusters are well designed.

Not too big:

Ag

OOO that is so nice. We have been wanting one to but they are way to much money.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I really like my Osbourne EB-3. Having the angle set with a long brace attached to long arms appeals to the engineer in me. Long arms just have to be more accurate than short ones somehow.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.