tablesaw miter gauge
Another vote for the EB3.

Accurate RIGHT out of the box, crosscut capability to nearly 48" and as mentioned above, the triangle arm mechanism is MUCH more rigid than the protractor style, any protractor style.

On a protractor style, the length between the pivot and the lock is fairly short. On the EB3, the distance from the pivot to the hypotenuse line that holds the fence is about 12". This makes cross cutting long or heavy parts noticeably more accurate.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I have a Incra Miter V27 model. I snatched it up from Amazon
in 2009 for $48. I see it's running $60 these days.
Works perfectly fine for my table saw.
EricU said:

I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a replacement miter gauge for my tablesaw. I was set on getting an incra miter express, but really I don't need to deal with something that big. I guess there is a lot of negativity towards the Incra Miter gauges, but for some reason they are the ones that appeal the most to me. What is your best argument for your miter gauge?

I have 4 miter gauges, a small Jet that came with my disk/belt sander, the one that came with my Uni and 2 Incras with long and really long fences, all are equal. It all gets down to setup. By the way, I have been using a Stanly Handyman # 4 in my finish tool box for a lot of years and have 4 # 4 Records in my shop bench, again, it gets down to setup.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
MSRiverdog said:

[blockquote]EricU said:

I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a replacement miter gauge for my tablesaw. I was set on getting an incra miter express, but really I don't need to deal with something that big. I guess there is a lot of negativity towards the Incra Miter gauges, but for some reason they are the ones that appeal the most to me. What is your best argument for your miter gauge?

I have 4 miter gauges, a small Jet that came with my disk/belt sander, the one that came with my Uni and 2 Incras with long and really long fences, all are equal. It all gets down to setup. By the way, I have been using a Stanly Handyman # 4 in my finish tool box for a lot of years and have 4 # 4 Records in my shop bench, again, it gets down to setup.

[/blockquote]

True to a point.

I have NO NEED to place a square on my EB3 every time I want to set an angle or go back to 90 degrees. I set it up ONCE and it has remained (2+ years of pro use later) tight and right every single time.

A poor carpenter blames his tools, but using well made tools that work as expected adds a LOT of joy to the process of woodworking.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Tried an Incra V27 on my shop saw. Liked it so much I bought a second for my jobsite saw.

Have dropped both several times, breaking the plastic/metal wingnut that locks the slide so many times I bought 10 replacements(still have 3 left).

The gauges are still spot on, at least well enough to use for picture frames.

The gauge has slots for each 5°---which means you can accurately do 2&1/2°.

The bar on the gauge has adjustments to remove any side slop and an optional tab for the front end if a saw guide slot has slots at the bottom of each slot side(ala Craftsman) My Porter Cable portable saw has that feature---keeps the gauge from falling off a smaller size table.
I have the Incra V27 and Miter Express. Works great. Get a couple extra hold downs.
LIL
I have had an Incra 1000 and now have an Osborne. I liked the Incra but love the Osborne. I found that while the 0.1 degree adjustment of the Incra was really cool I used it very rarely and the Osborne just feels better.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Big fan of the Osborne, accurate stable, don't use the Kreg miter gauge I won at an event. The Osborne really seems to be the bridge between miter gauge and sled. I have to say I use the osborne more than I wrestle my sled onto the saw.
I got a Kreg when they 1st got sold to Kreg (forget who they were before.) It's accurate and does what I want.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Check out the Woodhaven deluxe.
When I was searching for a new miter gauge many years ago I played with the Incra, one that Rockler had one at that time, and a couple of others. Somebody here recommended the Woodhaven. As soon as I saw it I had to have it. I would never give it up
The Woodhaven is simple and dead on accurate and nothing fancy. It was the simplicity that made it perfect for me.

As for the Kreg it was pretty but I've always said that it was a direct knockoff of the Woodhaven.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)