tablesaw miter gauge
fredhargis said:

I'm not sure what negativity there can be.

The complaints I have heard that the fence is not square to the table right out of the box but it is adjustable with shims. I think given the price the angle that the fence connects to the head should be machined instead of stamped but it is what it is. I have also heard it is too complicated. That being said, I have a V27 and a 1000 HD. I am happy with both of them. FYI to the OP, Rockler puts the 1000HD on sale for $120.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Eric, thank you, thank you for the post. I have struggled with this for months!

Just made up my mind.

Thank you.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
One thing I hated with the Incra 1000SE was having to use the hex driver to slide the fence or it's extension.
I cure this with some ratchet knobs. Besides the 2 shown, I have another on the end of the fence to lock/unlock the fence extension.
" />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Pirate said:

One thing I hated with the Incra 1000SE was having to use the hex driver to slide the fence or it's extension.
I cure this with some ratchet knobs. Besides the 2 shown, I have another on the end of the fence to lock/unlock the fence extension.
" />

Most very
Ag
Not sure what the negative feedback on Incra is. I've owned the Incra 3000 for over a decade without any problems. I love the ability to make a cut, change the fence settings and go back to the original settings and have an exact duplicate cut.

Well worth the investment.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

I use the Woodhaven deluxe as well. It's very well made and I like the pin style setting.

I think the thing that owners hate the most is shimming the fence. The FWW reviewer thought that the 1000SE didn't have enough detents, and the 3000 had too many. So I decided to get the 1000HD. But really, I haven't quite talked myself into doing mitered corners yet, so who am I fooling? I think I'm going to get the 1000SE. I did have a few moments when I was seriously considering the JDS accumiter and the Woodhaven
I really like my Osborne. (sp). The only thing is when you put the sand paper on the fence make sure it doesn't stick below the fence - it will scratch your table. I love my Incra TS fence. I think I have a great combo with the two.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
There's a lot of love for the Osborne. Maybe if I get sick of the Incra I'll get one.

I finally ordered the Miter Express with a 1000SE. I think it fits in with the work that I do pretty well. Thanks everyone for your opinions.
+1. I don't use it with the miter express. I use the Dubby for that stuff.

Pirate said:

Incra 1000SE. Really like the micro adjust on the flip stop.

Still Learning,

Allan Hill