tablesaw miter gauge
what's a Dubby?
this is a Dubby
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

A couple of questions. Does anyone have the JDS Accu Miter (particularly with the hold down clamp) written up in this year's Tool Guide and do the Incras accept a sacrificial fence? Thank you in advance.
there is a sacrificial fence shown up-thread on the bandsaw picture
I have an Osborne EB-3, not too impressed. The 90 degree stop isn't. The flip stop wiggles enough to be tricky to use. The long arm is heavy so when extend beyond the front of the table, the bar twists and  jams.
A man of foolish pursuits
+1 on the Incra 1000SE.  Never had any problems with it.

Thanks Pirate!  Going to do that to mine.

Lonnie
(09-11-2015, 12:59 AM)EricU Wrote: I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a replacement miter gauge for my tablesaw.  I was set on getting an incra miter express, but really I don't need to deal with something that big.  I guess there is a lot of negativity towards the Incra Miter gauges, but for some reason they are the ones that appeal the most to me.  What is your best argument for your miter gauge?

Incra negatives are they aren't good out of the box, you need to adjust them to make them so. I have always felt their reasons for making something that needs to be fixed as lacking.

Osborne, Kreg, and WoodHaven all work right out of the box. They don't "drift" or "change" unless you make it happen. I would suggest finding the best price on these 3 choices and shopping that way. I have 2 Kregs because they were the least $$$$$ when I purchased. This is a great time of year to be buying, lot's of deals out there.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Someone resurrected my thread. I bought the incra a long time ago.  I might buy another gauge, because I bought the miter express, and swapping the gauge back and forth between that and the saw is a bit of a chore.

I would be biased towards getting another incra because the accessories are common, but I would definitely consider a different brand

My Incra gauge was pretty square. Maybe they heard the whining. They still have the adjustment instructions in the manual though
(12-02-2016, 06:00 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: I have an Osborne EB-3, not too impressed. The 90 degree stop isn't. The flip stop wiggles enough to be tricky to use. The long arm is heavy so when extend beyond the front of the table, the bar twists and  jams.

I think this is the downside of most of these aftermarket gauges.  The stock gauge doesn't have a long fence, so it's not big deal if it's hanging over the edge of the saw.  The Incra definitely flops if you take the fence off the saw. For a lot of the work I do, I might be better off without the fence, like a high quality stock gauge.
I have an Incra 2000, a JoinTech Smart Miter sled, and the regular old JET gauge that came with the saw.  I use all three of them regularly, depending on what I'm doing.
Yes