tablesaw miter gauge
I like the PM66 guide, but it squeals like crazy, nails on a chalkboard.  Never quite figured out why it does that. It's a tiny bit sloppy too, although there is probably some way of tightening that up.
The Woodhaven Deluxe has been the go to miter gauge in my shop for over 20 years. It's been very good. great flexibility makes my PM66 much better.
I have one of these that I bought at an auction for a good price. My Kreg Miter gauge fits in it like it was designed for it. I think all of the major brands are plug and play, You just need to be careful of Sears parts, they have always had a weird sized miter slot.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The Incra, Osborne, and Kreg all seem to be top drawer. I bought the Kreg because I really liked the zero-slop pin that locks it at 0, 22.5, and 45 degrees. What I don't like about the Kreg is the flipstop/scale set up moves when you tighten it down, so although you can calibrate the scale to be very accurate you have to be quite careful setting the stop. That said, its ability to go to exactly 0 (ie 90) degrees is outstanding. I kinda like the 1/32nd notches on the stops that Incra has, but too many report of that gauge being not quite 90 degrees without fiddling put me off it.

But...

I built a little miter sled for my PM66 which was my go to for small or super-critical cuts at 90 deg. Went with the saw when I upgraded to SawStop (different spacing for miter slots) so now I'm building what I hope will be my ultimate cross-cut sled with superior accuracy. If you aren't using a sled you're really missing out.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson
(12-02-2016, 08:50 AM)Bill Lyman Wrote: A couple of questions. Does anyone have the JDS Accu Miter (particularly with the hold down clamp) written up in this year's Tool Guide and do the Incras accept a sacrificial fence? Thank you in advance.

The Accu-Miter is the first real miter gauge I ever owned. I added it to my first table saw, a Craftsman Contractor's saw that was 20 years old when I bought it. Adding a new fence and miter gauge was like buying a new saw. 

I liked the Accu-Miter a great deal, and the hold down clamp had it's uses. 

But honestly, the Osborne is a very different gauge. It is the only one that does not use a protractor to hold the fence. It uses a triangular framework, the angle being set by the length of the hypotenuse arm on the jig. The design has a mechanical advantage over the protractor design, based on the distance from the pivot point to the locking mechanism. The Osborne's is a much greater distance, offering greater support. It is VERY steady when cross cutting longer parts.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.