Visit to Maine
I am lucky enough to have visited the Lie-Nielsen facilities in Warren, Maine twice this week on our visit to Maine. We flew into Portland and then drove to Bangor. I told (asked) my wife that I'd like to stop at Lie-Nielsen on the way to Bangor and she agreed. When we were planning our return to Portland, she said we may never get another chance and we should stop at Warren again on the way back! (What a wonderful wife I have). Anyway - the quality of their tools does not even need mentioned - they are great, but we were so impressed with the employees we met. We worked with Chris and Elizabeth and felt like we were talking to old friends. I think any of the others there would have treated us as well, but these are the two we were lucky enough to meet. Well done Mr. Lie-Nielsen! Thank you.
I have to get up there one of there days.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Come on up!! I'll buy you a beer. Maybe two!!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I went to their Open house in July. Got the full tour. Good stuff!
[Image: 19883933659_baf12312a0_z.jpg]
shoottmx said:

g

That might be reason enuf to take the drive. I'll see your two beers, and raise you two!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

[blockquote]shoottmx said:

g

That might be reason enuf to take the drive. I'll see your two beers, and raise you two!

[/blockquote]

Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we can talk SteveF into buying a round? Better yet, maybe he'll show us his collection.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
This is sounding like a party. I didn't get to Maine this year. We could share the ride Rich. Pick me up in New London. I'll by the gas. Having been to SeveF house I can vouch for just the shear volume of tools he has.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Sure, come on up to Maine.

I'd be happy to see everybody!

Give me some time though. I've bought so many tools they're stacked three feet high everywhere.
Lie-Nielsen is great but do not forget the Shelter Institute about 40 minutes south on Route 1 in Woolwich, Maine which has top notch hand tools not found at most other woodworking stores.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)