another shed question
anyone know of preset kits that would use a solar panel, battery and whatever else is needed to run a led shop light in the shed? Figure I normally wouldn't use it for long at any one time. maybe twenty to thirty minutes occasionally. Thought it might be a self contained solution rather then running wire.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
30 seconds of Google Fu magic.

<a href="solar powered shed light 6 led" >Google sez</a>

Using "Shop" instead of shed in the search

Hope this helps.
thanks. I tried google and came back with several of the same pages. The problem was most of those are small lights, not many lumens. In some cases run off of rechargeable AAA batteries. Not much light. After that they seem to jump to systems for a small cabin, which is more then I'm wanting.
mark
I've had a unit from Harbor Freight in my shed for 3 years now. LED with solar panel. I think it was $30, but knowing me, I used a coupon. I was skeptical, but for the brief periods of time I'm in there (15 minutes, tops) it works fine. It doesn't put out a ton of light, maybe the equivalent of a 60w bulb, but for my 12x12 shed, that's all I need. I wouldn't try doing any work that requires detail, but for finding what I went in there looking for, maybe mixing up a can of gas, exchanging a mower blade, changing trimmer line, etc, it works.
Yeah, it's HF, so take that into account. Some things are duds and some are gems.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I've been looking for the same thing, but it's not a crisis so I haven't been looking too hard. My searches weren't that successful, lots of RV lights
yeah, same here. The other shed thread just reminded me I've been meaning to ask for awhile. I did find a couple of sites yesterday that I'm going to take a look at. DIY type. Was kind of hoping for more of a kit, panel, controls and a battery that could power a shop light for a little while for the times I'm working on something in the shed.
mark