Wireless remote wall mount
I have a wireless switch for my shop vac and needed some place to place the remote so I don't lose it. Or at least reduce the likliehood that I will set it down and forget where I put it.

A simple box kind of like what my Grandmother had for the matches she kept for starting the fire in her wood stove. A piece of MDF painted red with a recess for the remote and a screw for the chain will keep me from putting the remote in my pocket. The MDF is large enough that I 'should' be able to see it easily.

The remote is held in the recess by a press fit and double stick tape.

Bill

P9230013 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P9230015 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P9230018 by edn732, on Flickr" />
That's cool, but mine is attached to my shop apron, which goes on as soon as I enter the shop to do any work. I always know where it is.
Bob
+1 always there no matter which machine you're stationed at.
I see it as being handy, I intend to put one next to the shop door. It will hold the DC remote as well as the window AC remote (which is more elusive than the TV remote) when I'm not in the shop.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Dam! And all I do is leave it sitting on my Biese table saw fence!

Mine is a Long Ranger...harder to misplace.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I went even simpler - put the remote in a zip lock storage bag, fold over, and zip a drywall screw with a flange washer into a stud near the entrance through the bag. Not only is it hanging up, it protects the remote from dust.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog