Looking for ideas for a hall table
I recently mentioned to my wife that I need a new wood shop project. After I finish painting the molding in the family room next week, of course....

She said that she would like me to build her a hall table for our entryway. It'd be narrow,...maybe 12" or 14" wide and about 3' or 4' long. She likes Federal Period furniture so it'll most likely feature tapered legs.

Now here's the kicker, it'll either be a Demilune or a rectangular table. AND it will most likely be made from Poplar so it can be painted. I tried to talk her into Walnut or Cherry, but she wants it very light colored. As in WHITE.

So, got any designs I can show her and get approval on?
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Beautiful

What are the dimensions?

Mike
I am in the process of building a console table which I guess would be the same thing. This is a dry fit. I still have to cut tapers on the bottom edge of the table. The legs have a double taper from the bottom shelf. This table is 12" wide, 30" tall x 60" long based on customer's requirements.

Google Image Views
Ohio Mike said:

Beautiful

What are the dimensions?

Mike

Don't know.

http://www.smithandvallee.com/blog/2011/...ut-right-0
FWIW, few people have bumped the corner of a demilune hall table. Save those corners for behind the sofa.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
For long thin hall-type tables, I have played around with parabolic curves. The difference from demilune is subtle, but I like the effect.
Occasional musings on my blog:
bridgerberdel.wordpress.com
TobyC said:

Oh that is one nice looking table

Steve
Here is a very poor photo of mine, I lack the space for a hall table in my tiny entry path but I wanted one, so this is a shelf with legs and attaches to the wall by a cleat. Easily removable to clean or move furniture by.

There is a "hidden" drawer in the apron.
The legs do accept some weight and serve to establish the height of the "table"

Ag