Some more interesting stuff
I've been fairly quiet lately, but I've managed to find some stuff that I think is pretty interesting. I think this is my first infill.

I also picked up some nice hollows and rounds. The ones on the left are D.R. Bartons and the two on the right are Ohio. I know they're not all H&R's, but it was a package deal.

A nice Stanley 42 saw set that appears to be unused

A couple of nice back saws. The larger one is a Disston and the smaller one is a Harvey Peace

Finally, there was this strop that I just had to bring home with me because I hadn't seen one like it before. Its actually 4 sided.

I also grabbed a MF "Buck Rogers" smoothing plane, a boxed set of James Swan auger bits, and some other mundane stuff, but I can't find them right now so pics will come later.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Awesome finds!
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
Nice stuff!

Tell us more about that infill. Looks to be a panel plane. Any manufacturer's marks?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Lovin' those saws, especially the Harvey Peace
Pat
Thanks guys. Sadly, the only marks I can find on the plane are "Charles Buck" on the iron and "A. Shannon" stamped into the body and I'm thinking that's a previous owner's name. I wiped down the rosewood and its really, really nice. It is a beast, too. As warned, here are some pics of some of the other goodies I've dug up recently. First is a pair of Bell braces. 10" and 12".

Here's a minty 42 saw set. In the box and with the instructions.

Here are 2 items I thought were interesting. There's a Simonds Crescent Saw Tool for jointing big saws. The other thing obviously holds a file for jointing, but I'm stumped on how it works. If any of you know, please share.

Last is a non-woodworking item, but I couldn't resist it.

Thanks!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$