PSA: Clean your spray gun
This is not a horror story of leaving CV in my gun and ruining it. It's a story of leaving Transtint dye in it overnight and having it spit all over my work this morning. Not immediately either. It happened after a couple of minutes. It didn't ruin the work, but it took some time to clean off the goobers and make it look pretty.

At that point I had to pour the dye out of the gun and clean it. Their were no globs in the dye that I poured out. What I found was a film of dye had precipitated on the internals of the gun, sort of like a scum layer, and then it broke loose periodically as I was spraying.

This is the first time I got lazy and left anything in the gun over night. It will be the last time.

John
I have an old beater gun for dyes and glaze.

I have read somewhere that a good practice is to put Vaseline on the rear section of the needle and spring when reassembling. Anyone do this?
I don't, but maybe i should? I do put a little mineral oil around the needle where it passes through the packing right above the trigger.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Scoony said:

I have an old beater gun for dyes and glaze.

I have read somewhere that a good practice is to put Vaseline on the rear section of the needle and spring when reassembling. Anyone do this?

Yes.

John