Glue Joint
I have a very thin gap in the glue line of a board. I had originally thought that I could cross cut it out but ended up with about 1 inch of a very, small gap.

The wood is cherry and I'm finishing with Watco Danish Oil and a top coat.

How should I fill the gap, or should I try? I could rip it out and re-glue the boards but it is really small.
I am going thru the same thing right now only my problem is with oak I am going to fill it in and forget about it nobody will ever see it.
I'm thinking that I will fill it also, so the next question is with what?

I've considered a hot melt Shellac stick, I'm using one of those to fill some other pin sized knots and to seal in some sappy areas.
If you're using natural WATCO, you can wet sand a slurry in there that will fill it up pretty well. Or you can put a teensy bit of CA glue in the crack and sand the area. Possible problem with either of these is the area may appear different than the rest of the piece. I pretty much always wet sand WATCO.
slivers of wood take a ripping and cut it thin and add glue and push it in as much as you can let it dry trim sand finish
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I agree with all the above replies. No one will notice it but you, but the the slurry sanding will work if you don't apply any coloring. The sliver trick also works well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Tape off the joint where the opening is obvious, and on the opposite side to form a 'pocket'. Apply wax to the area around the gap, as a
release agent for the patch you're about to make.

Sand off a little endgrain of the same board, directly over the gap.

Apply the finest SuperGlue you can purchase and allow the slurry
to enter the gap, by capillary action.

Allow it to dry for a full night.

Carefully shave any raised area, so as not to lift the 'plug'
free of the gap. Repeat if the filled spot is below the surrounding
surface.
JGrout said:

slivers of wood take a ripping and cut it thin and add glue and push it in as much as you can let it dry trim sand finish

Yes.

It's the easiest way to get a perfect color match. Superglue works pretty well.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Since no one else has mentioned it - shellac sticks. Traditional method for repairing defects. http://www.constantines.com/shellacsticks.aspx
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.