Show me your...
Drill press tables. I'm thinking of making one from MDF.
I already have the T-track but I need some ideas on building one.

Thanks for reading.
No pics, but I would put a t track on top of the fence, for 2 flip stops.
Movable center insert. Lots of possibilities there. Anyone got ideas, with pictures.
Thinking of improving mine.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Here is my version. Table, fence and drawer.
Note the round sacrificial insert.
Caveat: the press shown does not have a rack & pinion lift, and the table & drawer are heavy, so I use a bottle jack to raise and lower the table.
I have a 2nd drill press that does have a rack and pinion lift. The table & drawer are a little heavy for the lift. I would like to forego the drawer to reduce weight, but it is really, really handy, so I suffer the convenience and weight of the drawer. :-)
" /> really
Jig plate Aluminum.
Heavy but without temp/humidity sensitivities.
Moreover, flat, tap-able, fixture-able and equal thickness.
Pat Warner
I did this one which I think was in Shop Notes (just that table, I can't remember where the cabinet part was published). One thing unique about this table is the ability to raise lower from the front...which is why I built it. There is a set of nylon bevel gears mounted that make the 90ยบ turn (from Amazon, no less). The plan also had an extension on the locking part I didn't install. While I think this is a clever design, if you switch you DP back and forth from the woodworking table to the OEM one, it's fairly unhandy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
WOW! You guys have outdone yourself on those units.
Keep 'em coming.
Mine below.

Things I would change:

1. Move the knobs on the fence further apart. I didn't plan ahead, and if the table is high enough the DP handle will sometimes bump into the right hand knob on the fence. To get around it I unscrew a handle from the DP, but its still a nuisance.

2. T-Track on the fence for stops. I suppose by now I could have retrofitted that, though.

3. A notch in the fence to eliminate the chuck bumping into it. This gets in the way when I am drilling along the edge of a thin work piece.

4. The insert. I used a square one, realizing later those offset round ones are far more practical. I don't even bother replacing the insert anymore, I just use a sacrificial piece of wood below the work piece for backup.

No drawer below, but there is a wall cabinet behind for bits.

Mike
mikefm101 said:

Mine below.

Things I would change:

1. Move the knobs on the fence further apart. I didn't plan ahead, and if the table is high enough the DP handle will sometimes bump into the right hand knob on the fence. To get around it I unscrew a handle from the DP, but its still a nuisance.

2. T-Track on the fence for stops. I suppose by now I could have retrofitted that, though.

3. A notch in the fence to eliminate the chuck bumping into it. This gets in the way when I am drilling along the edge of a thin work piece.

4. The insert. I used a square one, realizing later those offset round ones are far more practical. I don't even bother replacing the insert anymore, I just use a sacrificial piece of wood below the work piece for backup.

No drawer below, but there is a wall cabinet behind for bits.

Mike

ok, this one flipped me out for a second . . . looks just like mine!
I have the one from Harbor Freight. Works ok... Main thing with any of them is it may obstruct the crank on your height adjustment, so beware. I had to modify the bottom a tough to mount to my small craftsmen DP, but it works great. Some of the home made ones posted look fantastic and probably not hard to build!@
Benny