In search of Foley Saw sharpening, setting, retoothing machine users.
Will do, Leif. PM me your email address.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Greg,
Didn't I send you this?

Retoother Carrier Gauge
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

I called John. He didn't return my last call.

Maybe he didn't get the message???

He probably forgot. Hes been doing that sometimes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks for the reminder, though. Since I was driving to St Louis today, I called again and he invited me to drop in. He had one if those gauges and i took several pics and measurements. I think I have enougb to recreate one. I wish I had more time to visit, but I had to get to St Louis. We agreed to another visit in the near future.

Dom, it's possible, but I must not have saved it to my external drive. I lost tons of docs and data when I lost my last server. I wasn't backing up frequently enough. Was it of the setter gauge?

<edit> dang, just found it. I had it in my old laptop that didn't have the data transferred forward. Also, if you wouldn't mind using your measuring magic (that conversion you do with saw totes) on the pics and measurements I took of the Setter Gauge, then we could have a template of it for all future users who have need of it.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Dom, it's possible, but I must not have saved it to my external drive. I lost tons of docs and data when I lost my last server. I wasn't backing up frequently enough. Was it of the setter gauge?

<edit> dang, just found it. I had it in my old laptop that didn't have the data transferred forward. Also, if you wouldn't mind using your measuring magic (that conversion you do with saw totes) on the pics and measurements I took of the Setter Gauge, then we could have a template of it for all future users who have need of it.

That drawing I linked to IS dimensioned. Because of the size and intracacy I had to use datum dimensions
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Dom, we're talking apples and oranges. That drawing is for the RETOOTHER gauge. I'm talking about the SETTER gauge now.

I stopped at the shop of a wwer on the way to St Louis yesterday and took pictures and a tracing of the setter gauge I'm missing. That's the piece I want yoh to perform your magic on. I won't be back home until tomorrow night, and I'll email you everything I have if you don't mind doing that.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Oh,....Gothcha!

See ya around,
Dominic
Just checked, I have the 2 gauges you already have gotten dimensions on, but not he setter gauge.
Sorry!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
Thanks for checking Niels. I appreciate it.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com