Has any one cut rubber mat? How??
I have some ½" thick rubber mat I need to cut for backing a wooden mount. I don't know what is the best way to proceed anyone?
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
JR1, I've cut heavy rubber anti-vibration mat with a utility knife. I used a straight edge and it took several passes with the knife to get through it, but it did a pretty good job.
When we sold sheet rubber and belting, we used a hose knife to cut sheet rubber sheet stock. As mentioned above, a utility knife would work, even better would be one of them utility knifes that have the snap off blades, usually you can extend them to present a longer blade allowing you to cut at a sharper angle. We also used watered down dish soap as a lubricant and that helps a lot too.

Here's what a hose knife looks like if you're curious:

The blade is about 8" long.