17 gauge finish nails ?????
So,
I'm working on installing trim around the doors and windows of my workshop (OK, I've been in it for yeas but never got the ambition to do it) and I reached for my trusty 16 gauge nail gun. I then went to my stash of 16 gauge nails. When Woodworker's Warehouse went out of business years ago I bought a bunch of things including a box of Paslode 16 gauge 2 inch nails. Only cost a buck. Sweet. I put them in my nail gun and it jammed. Every time. I had loaned it to a friend so I figured that the old maxim, don't loan out your tools, had come back to bite me. No problem because I have two others. SAME PROBLEM. Then the thought that it might be the nails hit me. Brand new box but still... I have another box of two inchers from Porter Cable. Worked perfectly. Got out the micrometer. Seems that the Paslodes are a few thousandths smaller than the PC. Smaller than 16 gauge but bigger than 18 gauge. WTF is up with that? Aren't there standards for these things? OK, only wasted a buck but still.

Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Paslode IME made nails proprietary to their guns for a long time

not sure now I don't own a Paslode gun or nails

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I tried Paslode in my 15 gauge Bostich - no go.