How do you organize container lids in the kitchen?
Just had a thought... Toss all the lids and get the big roll of saran wrap at sams...
Better answer:

Take every storage container and lid out of the drawer and toss them. Even the expensive Tupperware. Sell the Tupperware, it has value.

Pick a brand, Rubbermaid, Glad, whatever. Standardize on a few sizes of square containers. The ones where the lids stack together and the containers stack together.

BUY NOTHING ELSE.

No round ones. No weird sizes. Just about three sizes and be done. Replace them as they walk out the door or melt in the microwave.

This works until the wife "gets a deal" on some other containers. Then, all heck breaks loose in the drawer and I give up until she gets too frustrated again.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Got two sets of these as a wedding gifts in 1968:

Pyrex Bowls with Lids

The lids also conveniently fit Corelle bowls. I have never needed that plastic stuff.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Mr_Mike said:

This works until the wife "gets a deal" on some other containers. Then, all heck breaks loose in the drawer and I give up until she gets too frustrated again.

exactly
Ray
What is this strange word "Organize"?
Same problem here. Don't get me started on all the plastic pots in the garden shed.
I can't believe we're the only ones who do this, but we solved the matching lid problem a couple of years ago. I pulled all the containers and lids out, matched them up, put the lids on, and threw out any orphans. When you go to get a container, the right lid is already on. When we empty the dishwasher, the lids get put on before they're put away. It's person-proof. Haven't had to waste moment of my time searching for a lid since then and no more orphans. Granted, it's not a very efficient use of space, but I have much more space than time.

Steve
Sounds good, but will not work for us.

Three reasons.

One, not enough space.

Two, dishwasher does not fully dry the plastic ware.

Three, Not near enough space.
Steve Friedman said:

I have much more space than time.

I don't have enough of either

We too throw out the orphans on occasion - or actually I'll store the orpahn bowls in the basement to eventually use in the shop etc.

Someday, when the children are all out on their own, this may be a viable option.
Just not right now.
Ray
I put slide out shelves in most of the lower cabinets, and that seems to help somewhat, if for no other reason than you can't just toss stuff 'in' it like you might a drawer. So the lids stack next to the appropriate container and it seems to be working better than whatever it was we used to do. Drawers/slideouts in lower cabinets are a huge improvement to the basic unit, and not really expensive if you make your own.