Need some help Id'ing a saw, please
It's been a pretty decent weekend (so far) for rust hunting. I grabbed several things which I'll post about in a separate thread, but one of the things I grabbed was this saw which I thought was pretty interesting. I know its a Disston because that's what's on one of the medallions, but I can't find anything about it on the Disstonian Institute site. I thought the metal plate on the bottom of the tote was different. Thoughts?

Thanks!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
First Ive seen with 2 medallions. One looks like a warranted superior or very early Disston, the bottom one appears a bit newer Disston.
Harvey Peace, with an added label screw.
Harvey Peace with a Disston medallion scabbed on.
Thanks guys!!! Oh well, not the great find I thought it was, but should turn into a good user.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
+1 on the Peace. Hope you'll polish with some autosol and foil, I'd like to see the etch. I have half a dozen or so of these and several have all or part of the etch for the Geneva Hardware Store.
pat
This style Harvey Peace P26 saw continued to be marketed by Disston after they had taken over Peace. Disston's 1918 catalog shows it in their "Special Saws Etched to Order" section, so its not surprising that they come with etching for hardware stores. (I'm not sure if these Disston saws were originally sold with Warranted Superior, or Disston medallions)
kwigly said:

This style Harvey Peace P26 saw continued to be marketed by Disston after they had taken over Peace. Disston's 1918 catalog shows it in their "Special Saws Etched to Order" section, so its not surprising that they come with etching for hardware stores. (I'm not sure if these Disston saws were originally sold with Warranted Superior, or Disston medallions)

To the best of my knowledge, none of the "Special Saws Etched to Order" had Disston label screws.