Wheels for a Delta 40-680 (P-20) Scoll Saw
All,

I've got one of these:

and I would like to put wheels on the feet.

I've looked around a bit and not been able to find that they were ever offered as an accessory.

Any idea on the best means to put wheels on this thing? I would really rather not build a base to go under the legs if I can avoid it.

Cheers,
chris
Bump for a new Thanksgiving audience...

chris
I have no idea if there is an "official" set of casters for that saw stand but there are thousands of casters and rollers available nearly everywhere that would work.

If you don't want permanent wheels, 3 small tri-dollys would work fine (one under each leg), a simple home made mobile base, a modified furnature mover platform dolly ...

The choices are nearly endless
doobes said:

All,

I've got one of these:

and I would like to put wheels on the feet.

I've looked around a bit and not been able to find that they were ever offered as an accessory.

Any idea on the best means to put wheels on this thing? I would really rather not build a base to go under the legs if I can avoid it.

Cheers,

Plywood base. Wheels wherever you like. Square, triangle, whatever.

Since you have legs with no bottoms, a chunk of 2x material at each leg would provide a method to bolt down to the base and horizontal thru the leg.

Since its lightweight, I'd probably also make some cribbing to raise the unit off the feet when in use. No need for anything fancy like articulating wheels.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry