What are these? - Estate sale find or flop
Any idea what these are and what they are used for?

They are shaped like files, but to not have any "teeth".
- The smaller one is triangular.
- The med. one is rectangular.
- The larger one is like a half-round file (flat on one side, curved on the other). It is also bent toward the end

Thoughts?

OBTW ... @ $5 for the 3, I figures I could use the handles and possible make something out of the metal.

Thanks for the wisdom

-Brian
Burnishers?
Are the edges sharp? The small one looks like a machinist's deburring scraper, used to knock the burrs off drilled holes and for similar functions. The others might be, too; my knowledge here is mighty limited.

Not a flop, I'd say; I use my triangular scraper all the time.
Thanks Tony

A possibility... the corners are relatively sharp. So, I doubt it. But, another path to look at.

Thanks!

Thanks Bill

The edges are relatively sharp.

I was thinking some some sort of scraper as well. I will do some digging into machinist scrapers.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------
-Brian
They are bearing scrapers: you would use them to remove small amounts of Babbit on sleeve bearings to achieve the correct shaft/bearing clearance. They are pretty much dinosaurs in the modern world. but still have their place in certain circles. (see my entry of 05/21/2015).
I won't dispute the bearing scraper characterization, but they very well could be turning tools. The top being a skew chisel, the middle being a scraper, and the bottom looks like a spindle gouge.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill