Arm-R-Seal lids
My wood dorking bud has used Arm-R-Seal semi-gloss for probably the last 5 years...a few months ago he bought about 4 1 qt cans of the satin and we tried to open one today and it was a chore!!! The can/lid design is totally reworked/different on the satin vs the old semi-gloss lids...different lip construction and the lid is thicker...we pried and pried and finally attached needlenose vice grips and then pried the pliers tips with a big screw driver to finally get the lid off...the lid is now so damaged and bent it is worthless so we transferred the new to the old, empty semi-gloss can. Has anyone else noted this problem? We both felt like complete idiots trying to remove this lid. I did a Google search and didn't come up with anything...going to email Arm-R-Seal and see what they say.
Stupid is forever, ignorant can be transitory.
I inquired the same problem, after a half hour and a ruined lid I got started on my project. Great product, poor lid design
This product, ARM-R-SEAL SATIN 1 QUART, came from "Furniture Supply". When trying to open the top, I had to use vise grips because the metal was so flimsy and thin! This resulting in damaging the lid so bad that it would be impossible to seal the lid back on the can! No way would I buy this product again but I have had no problems with the PINT can from the same supplier. If you buy this product make sure you have another container handy to pour it into because, like I mentioned, you won't be able to reseal the lid! Stamped on the bottom of the can is "040515" "MADE IN USA"....BUY IT....You Might Get Lucky!...Or Not!
Perhaps only the ones dated "040515" are using Cheap Metal for the lids. Doesn't even rate a 1 Star!
Edit: My review is only for the container, not the contents. I really like this Arm-R-Seal finish! Since this is my first container of Arm-R-Seal like this, perhaps the supplier can check their stock with the date stamp listed and see if any more have cheap *** lids!

Found the above review on Amazon...
I had to chew the can up to get it open but I had spare qt cans and just used a paper strainer to transfer.
Me. I'm a homemade kind of guy...just mix up a 50/50 mineral spirits/poly or some BLO and I'm good to wipe...none of this $17.00 Arm-R-Seal or $29.99 Waterloxx for me...I'll lay down a coat of amber shellac and then wipe my homemade solutions and go on about my business...screw those cans. lol