sunday at the flea, how'd i do for $46
Hadn't been to the local flea market all summer so I went on Sunday morning. I found a very nice Stanley 5/12 type 13 for $40 and Disston D-15 10 pt crosscut for $6. Saw is pin straight but needs to be cleaned up. The plane is really nice, probably not a great bargain but I have a tote to swap from 6 otherwise its a great sweetheart era plane
pat
" />
" />
" />
" />
Great score I'd say! Congrats. The plane seems to be in very nice condition with nearly all of the japanning. Little rust, clearly no pitting so easy to clean up. If you have a well matching replacement handle, it's a quick way to solve the little issue. But honestly, the handle seems to be easy to repair. It's just the horn otherwise it's in perfect condition.

The saw is an eye catcher. With rosewood handle and clear etching! Easy to clean up, I'd say. These don't show up all that often - here in Germany never!

Well done!

Klaus
I agree the tote is an easy fix but the plane is so darn nice, I'm going to put one without a repair on it. In fact, i already did. I had a very nice tote on 6 from the same era with a label. The 5 1/2s are more valuable than the 6s so I thought the good tote was best for the 5 1/2 and I'll repair this one and put it on the 6.
pat
Very nice 5 1/2.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You did great! I hit a flea market last week and found a Rosewood D15 for only $5.00, but it's much worse for blade-tarnish than yours.
Chris
I'm not much of an expert, more of a 'dabbler', in the old tools arena but to my eye it looks like you scored a sweet deal.
Victor

"The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
Wiped the 5 1/2 down a bit and put a much nicer tote on it. There is not a speck of japanning missing on that plane and the tote with the nice little label on it is perfect.
loving this plane!

pat " />
Nice!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Wow, that's a stunner now. Great finds.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Sweet. I like 13's
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020