Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale?
I'm looking to purchase a few parallel bar clamps. I'd like either 12"--18" or 24" long clamps. I would prefer Bessey, but other brands are acceptable. Do these things ever go on sale? At about $40.00 per clamp the cost for several clamps can really add up.
They do. Some are random (sometimes pricing errors) and they can be 50-60% off but there usually a couple of stores that have a sale during black Friday. But those typically won't be a huge discount. The best deal I got was many years ago when Rockler sold the 50" Jets 2 for $50.
The short answer is yes, they do. But I don't think there's any set annual sales for parallel bar clamps. You should also try looking at S&S or Craigslist. It is nice, however, to have all your clamps made by the same manufacturer.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
There is a big box chain called Menards located in the mid-west (Wisc.) that has a Made in America sale once or twice a year; and they feature great clamps that are made by Jorgensen here in Chicago. I like them better than Jet or Bessey. You could call their cust. serv. and ask when the next sale is. These are heavy duty! I have the 24" from them and they are handy.
I think Jorgensen are the only cabinet clamps still made in America. Aren't the new Bessey Revos made in China? Jets and Irwins are.
Mike Brady said:

There is a big box chain called Menards located in the mid-west (Wisc.) that has a Made in America sale once or twice a year; and they feature great clamps that are made by Jorgensen here in Chicago. I like them better than Jet or Bessey. You could call their cust. serv. and ask when the next sale is. These are heavy duty! I have the 24" from them and they are handy.

The only problem with Menards is they won't ship them, at least during the sale events.

Cliff
Cliff
ex-TX, now Maine!
Sure they do every year on black Friday. Then you just might be lucky enough to receive them the following year before memorial day.
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
For a while Rockler was running a 20% off any one item sale. I bought quite a few Besseys that way. Not sure if they are doing these days.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Shop Dad said:

I think Jorgensen are the only cabinet clamps still made in America. Aren't the new Bessey Revos made in China? Jets and Irwins are.

My 2-year-old Revos are "Made in USA of International parts."
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.
Woodcraft had a black Friday sale on Jet clamps last year. They were something like 30% off. I ended up making quite a nice score.