Laguna Revo 18-36, anyone tried one?
Just wondering if there is anyone on here who actually owns one or has had the opportunity to try this lathe and what your thoughts are about it. There doesn't seem to be very many reviews, actually no reviews. Thanks, Jack.
There are some reviews on the Woodcraft web site and of course on the Laguna site. If you search for it you will find a couple other reviews as well.
I put one on order at the local Woodcraft. Been 3 weeks and I am still waiting. It looked like a well built machine in the store.
I was going to get one before I got my PM3520b from the them before they come out in other stores.

After calling 5 times and emailing 12 times they never contacted me and I would hate to get any parts from them if something broke.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Why not save some money and look at Grizzly G0733 18”x 47” G0766 22” x 42” lathes?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Heavy-Du...-47-/G0733

http://www.grizzly.com/products/22-x-42-...athe/G0766
Bill
I would consider the Grizzly option.

For what we (wood turners in general) have been able to determine both the Laguna and Grizzly are made in the same Burt Group plant in China.

Grizzly has a better rep for replacement parts then Laguna.
Grizzly has a better rep for Customer Service then Laguna.

Several years ago I got a bad taste in my mouth about Laguna when they threatened to sue several customers that posted negative on-line reviews.
While Grizzly's owner is a member of Woodnet and a couple other forums.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
I don't have one, never turned on one. The one thing I do know is the worse than terrible reputation Laguna has for customer service. I would go grizzly based on that alone.

Just my .02cents and worth what you paid for it
I would like to respond re Laguna Tools from a different perspective. Torben Helshog, the founder, has hosted our woodworking club’s all day Saturday professional turning demonstrations at the Irvine facility for approximately the last 4 years. I have personally talked with Torben and some of the other personnel during these demonstrations. Several members in the club have Laguna band saws and I don’t recall any customer service issues mentioned. I would really like a Laguna Bandsaw, and would consider the Revo series lathe, but purchased a Powermatic two years ago. IMO, the Revo series is a serious entry into the lathe market. I didn’t share that opinion with the previous lathes.
LIL,

I went to my closest Woodcraft store today to look at one of these lathes. Overall, my impressions of the lathe are positive. The 18 inch swing and 36 inch length is more than adequate for anything I would ever turn. The sliding headstock allows for even larger platters and bowls if desired. However, even with the soon to end 10% discount, the Luguna is quite a bit more expensive than either of the Grizzly's listed above. Difficult for me to justify the extra cost.
Greg

Because someone doesn't run for office, it doesn't reduce their right to representation or to complain. Now when they don't vote....you might have something. KnotHaid 3/19/14
If a trip to Muncy, PA is in your near future Grizzly has 20% off all in stock machines for the next 2 weeks.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
shoottmx said:

If a trip to Muncy, PA is in your near future Grizzly has 20% off all in stock machines for the next 2 weeks.

g

Limited to stock on hand. The Muncy location is closing.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.