Ideas for new shed floor covering and also loft
New shed is coming friday and the floor is PT plywood. I would like to cover it with something. I'm thinking of some kind of 1/4 underlayment etc. I know stuff is going to drip and have mud etc. I was thinking of either luan, masonite, or they have a hardboard masonite that has a white that looks like waterproof coating. All would have a minimum of nails just enough to keep in place, almost like mats.

On the loft the wall height is 6'9'' inches on the sidewalls and 10.5 in the center to the top. The shed is 10x12 feet. I would probably only use about 4 feet of length from the gable end. Obviously it will be close to 10 feet wide. I was thinking of 2 x 6's for the span and maybe either notch the ends or use some type of joist hanger etc.

thanks for any ideas
First thought is vinyl flooring. It's quite durable basically waterproof and can be had in remnants for cheap.
macpiano said:

masonite that has a white that looks like waterproof coating.

Slippery when wet!

Personally, I'd just leave it pressure treated. Sweep out the mud when it dries. Throw some kitty litter under whatever is leaking.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Robert Adams said:

First thought is vinyl flooring. It's quite durable basically waterproof and can be had in remnants for cheap.

I saw this suggested somewhere else. I know they can make some rough textured stuff that wouldn't be too slippery. Plus 10x12 is a really common size so remnant should be easy to find.

I agree the white stuff could be slippery.
The other thought for the floor is rubber mats. The livestock ones are pretty cheap and you can get it In sheets less than 3/4" thick now. However it's extremely heavy and hard to manhandle. It's allot of chipped up tires...
Paint it.

Go to a real paint store and get the recommended floor paint.

Add equivalent of this to the paint before applying.
bedliner
Second the paint. If your putting this together yourself at lease put a heavy coast of primer on the bottom of the floor, paint if you want.
I would certainly use the vinyl stick together floating flooring. Water proof and durable.
Just got back from looking at vinyl remnants and found 2 that look like wood, are thick, and are heavily embossed. I've thought about the paint but won't even the best paint still get stained from like 2 cycle oil, gas mix etc.?

I'm also into the looks of the whole thing. Here is a link to the shed and we are getting the transom windows etc.

Shed