Dovetail Saw TPI 14 vs 20
I have a Veritas 14 TPI dovetail saw. What would be the benefit of the 20 TPI version? I'm thinking ahead on my list; the local Woodcraft is having a sale next weekend with 10% off power tools, 15 % off store-wide, with an extra 5% of before 10AM. Thanks
Found this after posting:

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...ilSaw.html
I have both the 14 and the 20 TPI Veritas dovetail saws. I use the 20 TPI when cutting dovetails in thin drawer sides (3/8" or so). I use the 14 TPI for thicker wood. However I can't say that I see much, if any, difference between using the one or the other.
A few other factors are involved, but in a nut shell the larger teeth will want to take a bigger bite causing more chatter in the thinner woods. Obviously this makes it more difficult to get a smooth cut. Like trying to use a chain saw to cut thin branches. Over simplified, but you get the idea.
BontzSawWorks.net
For me, thickness doesn't matter its 14 in hardwoods, 20 in soft.

Thin boards you just clamp closer to top & no chatter.
My dovetail saw is a Zona razor saw @24tpi. It does the job great on drawers and smaller boxes. I would want something bigger to do a blanket chest.

Ducking...that is why I have a router and DT jig....
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".