Who had this J.Flint saw?
A few years ago, I've got this picture from a fellow woodnetter. I just forot who it was. So whoever it was, i'd like a picture of the hole saw. J. Flint.?

Cheers
Pedder
Treebeard had one.

Here.
Yup, that one's mine and that's the scan I did for you Pedder back when I had it apart.

And, lucky me, I ended up with the Flint dovetail saw that Dave posted in the other thread when it eventually went up for sale. Yet to be restored (it will be soon), that one's going to be a really nice saw.

- Mark
Due to ignorance what makes this saw special?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The deep positioned grip part of the handle with very low hang angle makes this saw kind of special - aside of the beautifully shaped handle.

It was designed rather similarly to a a 1840 #8 Disston (pics from Disstonian Institute). The site tells that this particular saw was made by H. Disston himself.

Klaus
Wow, that was fast, Thanks a lot!
Just wondering if the sweep of the handle up wards would work better since this would allow the saw to be used easier in the flat position?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hey Mark!

Glad to hear that you will be getting the little guy "done up" soon!

Please post pics!!!!

Dave