ISO
I posted this in the basement.Figured I would put it up here as well.

I need a new drive belt for my Delta 46-765X lathe (1642). Have been searching the web for 2 hours and can't even come close to a match.
Those places that use to have them say that the belt is obsolete.

This is a serpentine 8 ribbed poly belt that is 24" X 3/4" long belt.
Delta part No. is 434-10-133-0003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Carl
Hard headed Cajun
The usual recommendation for finding a hard-to-find belt for a WW machine seems to be to try a good auto parts store.

Sorry that I don't have a better/more-specific answer for you.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Translate to metric and give another look. I would try Motion Industries. They've come up with some stuff for my lathe and other needs for tractors and snow machines.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Try Belts for Anything.com. Very nice people to deal with. When I needed a belt for a Delta Midi Lathe I had it within a week and at less than a third of Delta's price. They are not set-up for online ordering but they take credit cards and their phone number is listed on their website.
Dave
I have a NAPA store about 7 miles away. I plan on seeing if they can match something up for me. If that doesn't pan out I will try the other places you all have recommended.

Thanks for the help.
Carl
Hard headed Cajun
McMaster Carr will have an appropriate replacement.

Doug
OK Thanks . My list of resources is growing. LOL
Carl
Hard headed Cajun
That should translate to a 240 J 8, 240 is the length, J is the type, 8 is the number of ribs.
I have used these folks but you probably have someone locally. Typically manufacturers make the J belts in 220 ribs; the retailer slices off the number of ribs needed.
These folks carry three brands in that size.
http://kscdirect.com/search_results.php?q=240J8
^^^^^^ What he said. My Nova tales a 240J 6 (can't remember the length)and I found them them at several places on the net.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Belt

Steve K