Leigh jig comparisons
I currently use a Keller jig for d/t's. I'm happy with it, but want to step up to something with more variety of cutting options. Almost all my projects are now small I.e. Boxes , clocks, etc. so I don't need a large capacity. So what can Leigh DR, do that the super jigs can't
Thanks in advance
Mark
There are a few differences but for your purposes I think the super jigs will be fine. I put a link below to Leigh site which compares all their jigs.

https://www.leighjigs.com/download/Compa...hart-1.pdf

I think the main advantages the D4R has are quality of materials, board thickness, and some angled joints. But the Super jig out of the box can do single pass HB dovetails. The D4R is capable of doing that but you either need to modify the fingers or buy new ones all together. I've never tried but maybe you can get a discount if you order from Leigh directly and asked for the jig to be shipped with the modified fingers.
I thought the new ones came ready to go for one pass 1/2 blinds???? I know I recently bought some replacement fingers for mine and the new ones showed up with the hole in them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If you're looking to save some bucks I have a D4 I'm looking to part with...
fredhargis said:

I thought the new ones came ready to go for one pass 1/2 blinds???? I know I recently bought some replacement fingers for mine and the new ones showed up with the hole in them.

You might be right Fred. I'm just going by the info I had a few years back and the info listed on link I posted.
I had the D-4 and sold it-----now do hand-cut dovetails and getting better at it all the time. I'd look for a jig, if you want to go that way, that requires the least amount of trial and error.
Dave
daveferg said:

I had the D-4 and sold it-----now do hand-cut dovetails and getting better at it all the time. I'd look for a jig, if you want to go that way, that requires the least amount of trial and error.

Which brings you back to the Keller.....
Dave,
I'm pretty good at hand cut dt's, unfortunately I have partial paralisys in my right hand. Using the saw is very painful
If it helps---I intermingle power tools were I can---like my bandsaw and drill press with small forsner bits, along with sharp chisels.
Dave
Dave,
Worth thinking about