Bits Gloat
I was very fortunate to come across a set of Irwin bits, never used, NOS, in the oak box, AND in the paper box the oak box came in. Simply pristine. The only thing missing was the sales receipt. they just sat around for 40 or 50 years, well cared for. I was going to post them down in the S&S, but couldn't bear to part with them, so I'll be selling my user set in a roll and keeping these. I just had to share as my bride sort of looked at me like I was crazy when I telling her how rare these are. These weren't cheap, but well worth it. Pics tell the story.

Just color me happy. . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

As you should be with that set.... and had you placed them on S&S, they wouldn't have lasted a minute!

r2
Admiral said:

Just color me GREEN with envy! I think you should keep your old set because I don't think I could bring myself to use these!
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
It would seem to me a major "YOU SUCK" is in order.
BontzSawWorks.net
My augur bits are green with envy.

Those are pretty. I like shiny.

Steve
I gotta ask, What else was in that time capsule?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Those are so bright I need shades!

Great find.
Wow!

Very nice score!!!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I've got the same set - just not quite as pristine: no cardboard box and the wood box is coming apart at a corner.

I'm happy for both you and the bits. It's really nice to see so much time and effort finally rewarded. Congratulations!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Awesome! I've never seen the cardboard box before.