Washing machine 'fills too fast'
Odd problem started with a Samsung front loader: the machine's inlet valves let water into the machine faster than it can drain into the tub.

The water comes into the soap tray area and transits a rubber hose that drains into an opening in the outer drum.

The weird thing is the water drains slowly down the rubber hose..too slowly to keep up with the incoming water.

There is no blockage in the tray, hose or drum opening.

Checked for venting issues and removed a flapper on a vent pipe in the machine to no effect.

Inlet valves appear to be working properly..turn on and off, no leaking when off. Maybe the water level sensor has a problem and allows too much water in every time the machine inlets water (that doesn make sense tho).

Anyone run into this before ?

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Does the water take two routes to get to the drum? If so, perhaps the drum fill only hose is restricted, causing more water to run into the soap tray area?

Could it (Main drum fill hose) have a screen, diverter dirty or such?

Could there be a diverting or limiting plastic piece missing at the soap tray fill area?
I had an issue with my whirlpool front loader in that it would not drain after it's cycle was complete due to a faulty sensor tube, and a matching dryer whose dampness sensor quit working, all within two years. It seems to me modern washers and dryers have more sensors than actual working components these days. I would try and investigate whether any of the fill components include any sensors to monitor/control fill rates. On my particular washer many of the sensors are connected to the control board via hoses and wires that are poorly connected to the chassis, my drain problem was a pressure hose that came loose and got a small hole rubbed into it. I'm not normally an extended warranty kinda guy, but I'm glad I made an exception for this purchase. John
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
Close water shutoff halfway?
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Or put restrictors in the supply hoses, like washers with a small hole.

But something doesn't sound right in the machine itself. These are highly-evolved beasties, and I find it hard to believe it was designed to work like that, even with high supply pressure (specs should include max supply pressure).
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I bet he didn't level it.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The machine was leveled when it was installed years ago. I *unlevelled* it trying to fix this overfilling problem (canting the machine back to fill the big detergent drawer cavity before overflowing..).

Anyway, I found a workaround to whatever the root-problem is by choking the water supply valves down to about 1/4 turn (!) open each - more than that and it kept overfilling. These are standard gate vales: full open is about two complete turns

I too am pretty sure this is not what the smart engineers at Samsung intended, but it works for now..

As an aside, since restricting the incoming volume of water works, that seems to rule out the water-level fill sensor as the root cause.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.