pre 1928 Disston 7
Ok, I met someone that wants me to liquidate her Dad's tool collection. Not a lot of good stuff but I did bring home a decent looking pre 1928 Disston 7 hand saw. It looks as though it was never sharpened, full width blade and yes, it has the nib on it. The handle is almost perfect, small chunk missing on the bottom side of the horn. Question is, how much is it worth is its present condition ? The blade is perfectly straight, and the saw has been cleaned tpo reveal a beautiful etch.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Seeing that etches and nibs are critical to handsaw performance and that your saw has those features . . .

$35 - $45. If the handle was perfect, closer to $75. Perfect handles really make a difference.
Thanks. The etch is perfect. I may keep this one just because. But, I still needed to come up with a fair price to pay her for it. She was going to sell the whole lot for next to nothing. My conscious wouldn't let me. She kept talking about how her Dad made his living with these tools.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You never said what length the saw was. 26" 28" ?
BontzSawWorks.net
My bad, 24". I always forget the important details.

Garry