Stanley # 60 Miter box, looking for manual
Hi All

I've come across a Stanley #60 miter box, pretty minty in the box. I would like to add a manual if anyone knows where to get one. I used to use this model, way back when, and am not sure if I just want to keep it, or it will be a flip. It's because of a possible flip I want to source a manual.

It's not this particular box, but I think it's a Cousin

About the only difference is my old one, and this new one I have both had a 4 hole pattern on the saws handle. I guess I want to see if one or the other is a +1 Added saw, versus what was put in the box of MB with saw models. Seeing the box it's clear the saw came with this one. On my old one, I inherited it, so no known history.

TIA
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

I was just looking around, and came across this Flea Bay offering Is it just me, or do you scratch your head some when they say, "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened , undamaged item" and then right there have pictures of it all spread out where it was obviously out of the box.

This one has the saw I have though, and looks very much like my new find. I will admit that I opened the box to peek, and so had someone before me who owned it.

GW
There's one for sale in a thrift shop here for $60. Its not mint, but appears to have been well taken care of. I would have purchased it, but have to keep it under control... I have 3 Langdon's and have sold a Stanley and a Millers Falls just recently. I really don't need another. I will check next time I'm there if the manual was with it and if so if they would part with that.
The Stanley 60 miter box is a good unit often overlooked. I've bought a few very cheaply, cleaned them up and given them to friends. They really like them - one guy appreciates being able to cut wood at midnight quietly. You can also use a panel saw in them. Here's a review:

https://handtooljourney.wordpress.com/20...miter-box/
Yeah I used one for about 11 years, very familiar with the miter box, just hoping to have a manual to keep with this one in case I decide to flip it. I agree they are a diamond in the rough. Many last gen tools from Stanley had gotten junky. This kept a cast frame, and it has just enough perk settings to make it special.

I notice the 3 screw handle in the review, still wondering about that too.

GW