Do you guys remember Noel Liogier
he told me that when we were ready for a rasp from him to send him an Email so a week ago sent him one and within 4 days I got one from him.

It is like a half round file and 10" long and boy is it sharp. It came well packaged and within the package was the rasp in a plastic tube.
We are so looking forward to using it in the next week if I can stay healthy.
I also got a Certificate of Authenticity with it and says guarantied for life in my package.

Such a nice and honest fella that makes nice tools.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have a couple but it took a lot longer to get them, left handed. They do cut smooth.

Tom
Liogier rasps are right up there with Auriou. If Auriou's are 10's, then Liogier are 9.5's. I have both Auriou and Liogier rasps. I also have Made in the USA Nicholson No. 49 and 50, and while they are decent, I'd rate them a 5.5. Gramercy's I'd rate about a 7.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Tom

I did not know that there are Lt and Rt hand rasps. He did ask me questions which I do not remember tho.

They were delivered FedEx and I watched them when he gave me the tracking #. One direct flight to Omaha then to me.
I did go to their site and watched how they make them. If I was the guy who did them I would go cross eyed after doing 2 of them.

Allan

Are you a tool collector?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

he told me that when we were ready for a rasp from him to send him an Email so a week ago sent him one and within 4 days I got one from him.

It is like a half round file and 10" long and boy is it sharp. It came well packaged and within the package was the rasp in a plastic tube.
We are so looking forward to using it in the next week if I can stay healthy.
I also got a Certificate of Authenticity with it and says guarantied for life in my package.

Such a nice and honest fella that makes nice tools.

Arlin

I gotta say. I really love my Liogier rasps.

Originally getting them to speed shaping the handles for a TFWW bowsaw. I guess they allow the artist in me to shine. That process was so enjoyable that I went on to make 2 more. The first set I got the blades, pins and handles. The next two just more sets of pins.

I have some pins and a 24" blade from Isaac Smith at Blackburn Tools waiting to make a 24" version.

I have later gone back to Liogier and gotten a modelers, rattail & rifflers rasp. All except the riffler have a "Custom engraving of the handle," which is in French says made by Liogier for my name.
WoodTinker
Arlin Eastman said:

Allan

Are you a tool collector?

Nope. I'm a tool user. There is very little duplication of sizes and/or grains on my rasps. When I first started woodworking, the Nicholson's were all I could afford, so maybe the premium rasps are duplicated there. I used to have a lot of chisels, but I sold most of my duplicate chisels.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Hi Arlin,

I use mine continuosly. I've got 3 Liogiers and count them to my best shaping tools. They are so nice to control, leave so good surfaces and are though working quick, that I don't feel any need to look for others. To my understanding they belong to the very best you can get.

Klaus
My favorite tool from Noel has got to be my custom 6" butcher. All 15 grain. I use it on every saw as well as some small projects in the shop. I don't know how many Liogier rasp I have now. But it's a bunch.
BontzSawWorks.net