This really is a hand tool, with sharp edges!
TobyC said:

If that image doesn't work....

Does anyone know where I can get the upper part for it and make a handle for some Christmas presents and the Christmas Auction next year?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
nicobie said:

For me the old Gillette slim adjustable long handle works best.

For blades I like Astra, Bic, Red Personna and Nacet. These can be bought on ebay for less than $10 for 100.

Personna medical prep and Kai are also very good, but a bit too pricey. Feather blades are just a bit sharp for me unless I adjust the razor down a number.

I don't use a brush but I do use a Arno soap stick first.

Does a much better job than any disposable razor at less than $.10 each. Lasts longer too!

Nice to see you posting again.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
One blade can last almost forever if you hone it every couple of days or daily in a small glass tumbler after use.

I have a box of 100 Marlin double edge blades from the 70s that is still almost full.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

GeorgeV said:

One blade can last almost forever if you hone it every couple of days or daily in a small glass tumbler after use.

I have a box of 100 Marlin double edge blades from the 70s that is still almost full.

Honing in a glass tumbler? Do you mean something like what polishes rocks with glass beads as the polishing media?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Just a small fruit juice glass with straight sides.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

I have multiple DE razors and straight razors and shave with all of them. My main three are an adjustable Gillette New from the 40's, Gillette Old type open comb from the 20's, and lately I keep reaching for my Fatip Piccolo. It is a really nice open comb with a small handle. I bought it more for a travel razor, but it is just really well sized and balanced for me. It is aggressive and does well for my beard and skin, especially if I have gone a few days without a shave...

Check out www.shaving.ie

I bought all my shaving supplies from them a few years ago. It's a small shop in Dublin, but ironically it was way cheaper to buy everything from them and have it shipped from Ireland than it was to buy it in the US. I bought this one:

http://www.shaving.ie/products/edwin-jag...9ba11.html

They have really good deals on blades too. I like the persona platinum blades in the blue pack. At about 8-cents per blade, I cant imagine why you would ever want to "hone" one. I've also tried the feather blades, but they are ridiculously sharp. Any little bump on your face is gone, literally, and you won't even feel it. You'll sure see it though, streaks of red through the shaving soap.

After switching to one of these razors, you'll never go back to the high priced Mach-12 nonsense.