Using laminate flooring in a 3 season porch
I have a friend who wants me to install flooring in her new three season porch. She'd like to install laminate flooring. The porch floor is insulated 2x8's with metal sheeting on the underside and 3/4" plywood flooring.

Is using a Pergo type flooring material possible or will it buckle with the change in temps here in MN? I would install it with enough spacing around the exterior for expansion and contraction.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

I thought I saw somewhere a laminate floor type product that was ok to use in rooms that could get wet...like basements.

don't remember where I saw it though.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I don't know if temperature variation is as big of a concern as moisture and humidity. Although there are some laminates available that are supposed to be impervious to moisture.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Go to the manufacturer's website and see what they say. Pergo says this:

"16. COTTAGES AND ROOMS WITHOUT CLIMATE
CONTROL—Pergo can be installed in homes or rooms
without climate control with the following conditions:
a. Pergo installation essentials must be met.
b. The crawl spaces must be enclosed and vented and
meet all requirements, and the job site conditions must
be correct.
c. Insulation of the floor in the crawl space is recommended.
d. The floor must not be installed in an area where it will
be exposed to constant dampness or extremely high
or low humidity. Relative humidity must range
between 35-60%. The temperature should be at least
65°F for the product acclimation and at least 65°F
two days after the installation"

link
I would contact pergo as the instructuons above contradict itself. I don't hint the person who originally wrote that knew what they were talking about.
Robert Adams said:

I would contact pergo as the instructuons above contradict itself. I don't hint the person who originally wrote that knew what they were talking about.

I'm re-reading but the contradiction is not apparent to me at least. What is the contradiction?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Part b. A crawlspace can't be enclosed and vented at he same time.
The gist of the suggestion was to use the manufacturer's recommendations either thru their website or with a phone call (your valid suggestion). While I cited Pergo, I'm sure there are variables with other brands....
Local codes specify if a crawl space is enclosed and unheated/cooled, it must be vented.
Robert Adams said:

Part b. A crawlspace can't be enclosed and vented at he same time.

Not sure about that, every crawl space I've ever had was vented, and enclosed. Not sure why one would not put vents in.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis