Coffee Table Top Construction
I have some nice walnut and I'd like to construct a coffee table top with a small piece (1/2" wide or less) of Darker wood going through the entire top from end to end.
I have some nice Bolivian Rosewood that is darker than walnut and would make a nice accent. The top will be around 18" wide by maybe 3 feet long.

Has anyone tried this and what problems (if any) do you think I would have. Gluing? Wood movement? Finishing?

Thanks
Mark
I have no experience with rosewood, but I doubt you will have any unusual movement by gluing the two woods. The walnut will be fairly dark in a few years so I'm wondering will the rosewood have significant contrast?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks Bill,
My experience with Walnut is that there is a better likelihood that walnut will lighten over time depending on exposure to direct sunlight. Regardless, I doubt the two will ever be close to the same shade.

I know some rosewoods are somewhat oily and that will complicate gluing somewhat.
Wood generally doesn't move in length. Different species might move different amounts cross grain, but that doesn't matter in this scenario.

Glue and finish? Just have to choose things what work OK with both types of wood.