Superglue or what?
I've built a 4X6 standard for my rural mailbox. The post extends four feet above the mailbox for a sign hanging from a horizontal metal pipe. The pipe is 1.5 inch diameter, so I drilled a 1.5 hole through the post. The next step is slide the pipe into the hole. It will extend out the backside for several inches.

My question is how to glue the pipe into the hole. It needs to be very secure because the sign swings from it, and passing semis give it a lot of wind action. If I smear the inside of the hole with heavy glue such as PL Premium construction adhesive, the pipe will push the glue out the backside as it is inserted into the hole. So perhaps not much glue would remain in the hole.

Superglue is so fluid, would it work to squirt it around the perimeter of the hole after the pipe has been inserted? Thanks for your thought.
epoxy
I would drill a hole through it and pin it
fixtureman said:

i'd do that with maybe some epoxy for good measure.
Unless the pipe is exceptionally snug in the hole there should be enough remaining adhesive to do the job.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Thanks. It will get pinned.
fixtureman said:

That was my first thought. Fast, clean and simple.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.