Pretty neat luthier and an
oud.
very cool!
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
Wow...quite a craftsman and artisan.

Thanks for sharing!
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Always fascinating!

My first real introduction to the oud was through one of Jameel's (Bench Crafted) websites. A beautiful instrument.
Jameel Abraham of Benchcrafted fame is a luthier who specializes in building and restoring ouds using traditional techniques. He s an incredibly talented craftsman. Khalaf Oud Luthiery is his web site. Check out some of his work. Amazing.
Both his woodworking and playing are GREAT! Beautiful!

Liked the way he used a plane to trim the glue up 'slats'.
That was impressive.

Steve
Hank Knight in SC said:

Jameel Abraham of Benchcrafted fame is a luthier who specializes in building and restoring ouds using traditional techniques. He s an incredibly talented craftsman. Khalaf Oud Luthiery is his web site. Check out some of his work. Amazing.

Does Jameel still make ouds? I thought he suspended doing that to concentrate on his Benchcrafted business. The most recent post on his luthier website is 2012. He has had some recent articles on inlay work published in Popular Woodworking, which leads me to believe he's still doing some related work.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill