Got Truck in Garage for Winter
Which may not seem to be hand tool related, but it really is. 'Cause I sold my Steel City 40615 6" jointer and my Bosch 4100 contractor table saw to make room. Which further means that I will be using more hand tools instead of those tailed demons. Actually I wasn't using them much anyway, so they won't be missed.

And in the "turnabout is fair play" category, I'll be using some of the funds to buy my wife a few things she wants. And I don't have any ulterior motives; no, really I don't. At least none that I hope she discovers.....

That is all. Carry on.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Good luck with that non discovery bit.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Yep!
Table saw went away last year, jointer a few weeks ago.
Not missed!
Planer, not happening. Can't woodwork without it.
Or, I dont want to.
Ag
I would have held on to that table saw. Put it on wheels if you have to .

They are good for storing things on, or so I've heard.

carl
I took my tablesaw apart and stored it in the crawlspace a few years ago. My only regret is that I didn't sell it when it was easier to get to.

On the other hand, my bandsaw is an essential tool in the shop. That isn't going anywhere.
tim_leo said:

On the other hand, my bandsaw is an essential tool in the shop. That isn't going anywhere.

+ zillions.
Ag
Good on you! I may have to make a similar decision, as I'm getting married in December, and the bride is asking about parking in the garage. When I first read you were getting ready for winter, I thought it might be a little early, then I noticed you were in Calgary. As I write this, it's 77°F here in SoCal, and my rose bushes are all in full bloom. Not missing snow at all, but I do wish the cooler weather would get here. The leaves on the trees are just now starting to change color.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Carl Grover said:

I would have held on to that table saw. Put it on wheels if you have to .

>Well, it probably is one of the best contractor table saws you can get these days. It was already on wheels, folded up and stashed in the corner. But it was still taking up space, I wasn't using it, and it sold in one day for a good price.

They are good for storing things on, or so I've heard.

>Now that's funny, because I spent a good part of this morning looking for a new storage space for about 20 clamps.....they had been hanging on the frame of the tablesaw stand.

carl

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools