Jessum clear cut table saw guides
Looking for something like this or board buddies or? Anybody have experience? Obviously pricy....but...
Have them use them on a lot of cuts, they work very well. Pricy no doubt, but as with all Jessum stuff built like a tank.
Mark
now you've given me another reason to make the trip!
I have a set of board buddies which I really like. One thing that is different about them over the Jessem is that they extend out past the fence alot more. Which can be both an benefit or drawback. Beneficial in doing dados which are a few inches from the edge because it can apply pressure directly on top of the dado, leaving you with a more uniform depth. I also think the distance and angle of the wheels allow for a stronger pull towards the fence. The draw back is when you're doing smaller rips. In which case the board buddies are not only useless, they actually interfere with the cut because they block your push stick.

Because of the latter reason, I eventually want to get a set of the Jessem. But even then I still plan to keep the board buddies. Luckily they are easy to take on and off from my fence.

+1 on the Board Buddies. They really help in keeping a sheet of ply up against the fence, which is all I use them for, so I don't care about the limitation for narrow cuts.
Bob
jussi said:

I have a set of board buddies which I really like. One thing that is different about them over the Jessem is that they extend out past the fence alot more. Which can be both an benefit or drawback. Beneficial in doing dados which are a few inches from the edge because it can apply pressure directly on top of the dado, leaving you with a more uniform depth. I also think the distance and angle of the wheels allow for a stronger pull towards the fence. The draw back is when you're doing smaller rips. In which case the board buddies are not only useless, they actually interfere with the cut because they block your push stick.

Because of the latter reason, I eventually want to get a set of the Jessem. But even then I still plan to keep the board buddies. Luckily they are easy to take on and off from my fence.

How did you mount them to your incra fence ?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
I can tell you I've had both and the clear cut clearly work better. In fact I just added the router table version to my r/t. The nice thing about clear cut is no springs. Tension I'd set to material thickness in seconds. They both will stop kick back .
The 2 rails the board buddies are mounted on are themselves mounted to the Incra fence.
If you decide to get the Jessem check out Incremental Tools. You should double check but I think they have the lowest price. Plus they offer 10% off to new customers if you sign up for their mailing list. If you have an Incra Fence you'll probably need the riser as well (it's accessory on the same page). Unless you plan on making your own.

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Articles.asp?ID=171
I use a Vega feed roller setup and it works great. I had to adapt it to my Exacta fence.
It keeps the board down and against the fence.
I don't use the anti kick back part.
I've been told I have it mounted backwards. With the roller trailing the arm, it wants to lift when a board is fed, and it raises up. The other way, not as good.
It's a nice simple design. Just a roller mounted at an angle, and spring loaded. " />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer