Chattanooga Tennessee area
Anyone know someone in Chattanooga area that can joint some 2x 4 x 6x 8 feet hickory for me ? This was lumber that I had sawed up that came from my yard after tornado came weather a few years ago. I'm building a farmhouse table but my 6 jointer is struggling.
Looks like a good time to learn how to hand plane.

Stanley no7 or no8 would work nicely.

YMMV
WoodTinker
Do a search for "millwork" or "millwork manufacturers" in the Chattanooga area. Millwork shops will often dress and dimension small batches of rough lumber for a reasonable charge. I just did a quick Google search and came up with a couple dozen possibilities in your area. A little telephone research should turn up someone who will do this for you.
Well, I'm not quite in the Chattanooga area, but you're more than welcome to bring the wood up to Christiana and put it through my 8" jointer and 15" planer. I wouldn't charge you anything but if you've got some extra hickory we could work something out.

Doug
Bluesmanmatt is in your area and may be able to help, His web page

I'm on the west side of Huntsville if you'd like a road trip down HWY 72, you're welcome to come by. I've got a 12" jointer and 15" planer, both with shelix heads.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Thanks again Sniper.

Great spending an hour at your shop.

You have a great shop.