LED Flood Light recommendations
I have an old halogen flood light on my house that shines into the back yard.
It's getting old and rusty and needs to be replaced.

I'm thinking about going LED this time with the idea in mind that I won't have to climb a ladder as often to replace the bulb.

So before I commit to a product, I'm looking for other's experience and recommendations regarding LED flood lights.

Thanks for your input!
Ray
I have some from costco. The older ones (not available around here anymore) I like better than their latest offering, but its a decent price.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

There are enough folks who have fallen off ladders that I hire handymen to do the risky jobs.
I would consider buying a few flood lamps at an electrical supply store rather than at a home store. Overall their products are respectable. I had a bunch of cheap flood lamps on sale that had the outer most clear plastic discs fall off in a short time.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
If I had the income to pay for someone else to do every such thing for me I would.
So I take my time and climb the ladder with caution.
The most risky part, to me, is standing up the ladder.
It's just a PIA and a time consuming task that I'd rather not have to do.

Buying from an electrical supply store is good advice. Hadn't really thought about that.
Should be able to get better advice from such a place too.

Thanks
Ray
I've been researching this, too. I considered the ones from Costco but the reviews aren't very positive beyond a few months.

I was going to run a new circuit in my attic to where the lights would be (2nd story) but now I am leaning towards these solar charged ones or these D-cell powdered ones. I'm leaning more towards the solar one because the battery powdered one only stay on for 20 seconds at a time whereas the solar model can stay on longer. The solar panel can also be located up to 15ft away from the light. With these "wireless" models, I can move them down to the wood band that wraps my house at the 1st story for better sensitivity and more light. It would be pretty hard to get wiring to those locations.

Paul
Look at "Lithonia LED" on Amazon.
I put two of these up last year to replace similar fixtures that used flood lights.
check us out
I knew I was going to save money on my power bill but I had no idea how noticeable it would be. For both fixtures it was over $10.00 a month.

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Thanks! looks like a winner
Ray