Some ornaments
Just liked the way the sun was hitting these earlier this morning. Snapped some spur of the moment Iphone pics.

Thanks for looking!
Steve K

Very, very nice! Do you make your own hangars for them? If not, where do you get them?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

Do you make your own hangars for them? If not, where do you get them?

Thanks Alan, I made the tree but not the hangers. Wife found them at Biglots in the Christmas section a couple years ago. I keep a supply of them on hand now.
Steve K

Super Cool! The ornaments look great but the tree/display is a work of art as well.
Beautiful Steve. What did you use for the color?

Doug
Steve

Those are some great looking ornaments.

I sure would like to know where you get the curly ornament holders.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

Steve

Those are some great looking ornaments.

I sure would like to know where you get the curly ornament holders.

Arlin

Arlin, I get them at Biglots but they are seasonal.
Steve K

Shop Dad said:

Beautiful Steve. What did you use for the color?

Doug

Thank you Doug,
That is alcohol based aniline dye. Applied in a variety of ways, some from the inside after hollowing, some dripped on, some misted. Just so it's random.
Steve K

Steve always amazing. Thanks for the info you provided me. Just for reference about what size are the finished bird houses?
whatline said:

Steve always amazing. Thanks for the info you provided me. Just for reference about what size are the finished bird houses?

Thank You!
Of course the style of roof impacts the final dimension a lot. The ones with the "Gandalf hat" roof(grand daughters description) are about 5" from tip to tip. The "thatch" roof ones are around four inches tall. Diameter on the body is an inch or so.
Steve K